In the history of retail shopping, Ecommerce is a relatively recent development. But when it comes to the holiday season, you can incorporate many of the tried-and-true methods of brick-and-mortar shops to boost sales. Our fulfillment warehouse team shares some of the top tips for maximizing holiday sales.
1. Stock up on inventory.
This one is fairly obvious. You can’t sell what you don’t have, and with a limited selling window, you won’t recapture those missed sales. Plan carefully, making use of historical data and current inventory figures for an accurate forecast that covers demand with no overstock.
2. Step up your customer service.
Customers shopping for gifts often require more attention than usual. They’re looking for answers to questions such as:
- What is your delivery time?
- What is your return/exchange policy?
A reliable fulfillment warehouse partner can make all the difference here by ensuring smooth order processing and consistent on-time delivery.
3. Shore up your infrastructure.
We’ve all heard the horror stories of websites crashing because they were unprepared for a higher volume of demand. Make sure your hosting service can provide disk space and bandwidth sufficient to handle the increased traffic. You may want to consider switching to a dedicated server.
4. Streamline the checkout process.
Online shoppers may not have to endure lengthy checkout lines, but they’ll experience the same frustration if your checkout process is cumbersome. Here are some ways you can make it easier:
- Keep the number of mandatory fields to a minimum. Use auto-filling and data entry verification wherever possible.
- Allow guest checkout to avoid turning away new customers.
- Beef up fraud protection for everyone’s safety.