As the operator of a virtual storefront, your eCommerce business needs storage for your products and a way to fulfill orders. Which will better satisfy your needs: a warehouse or a fulfillment company? Take a closer look at how each one works.
Difference Between Warehouse and Fulfillment Center
- Warehouses are widely used by both eCommerce shops and brick-and-mortar stores. These large facilities provide storage for a company’s inventory until it’s sold. Individual SKUs (stock keeping units) are kept on shelves or in storage bins and containers to facilitate order-picking.
- On the other hand, a fulfillment center is a more comprehensive operation. In addition to storing product, a fulfillment center generally handles the entire process, from inventory management to order filling and shipping. These centers are sometimes referred to as a third-party logistics provider, or 3PL.
Benefits of a Fulfillment Company
- In business, larger volume means better pricing. A fulfillment center manages a number of customers, allowing them to receive more advantageous pricing on supplies and transportation than you could ever obtain on your own.
- Are you finding it difficult to keep up with the ever-increasing number of orders? Is it taking too long for customers to receive their products? Fulfillment centers have streamlined processes that can be scaled to accommodate company growth.
- Order fulfillment involves many moving parts. Managing this side of your business on your own is cumbersome and time-consuming. When you partner with a fulfillment warehouse, it frees you up to spend your time and energy growing your business.
A Fulfillment Company Invested in Your Success
At Medallion Fulfillment & Logistics, your success means our success. We have a variety of services, including start-up and Amazon replenishment warehousing, that can be tailored to fit your individual needs. Contact us today for more information.
So how much difference does a single digit make? In the case of 3PL and 4PL, the answer can have a significant impact on your choice of fulfillment company. Here’s a look at what this means for your business.
What is a 3PL?
A third-party logistics provider, also referred to as 3PL, is a valuable solution for many eComm businesses. A 3PL handles some or all of your company’s shipping needs, such as transportation and information technology (IT).
Benefits of a 3PL
- As an entrepreneur, you understand the business side. 3PLs have extensive experience with supply chain logistics, which frees you up to focus on the main goal of growing sales.
- Supply chain functions are costly in terms of time, space and labor. When you partner with a fulfillment company, they provide these elements for a fraction of the price you would pay if you did everything on your own.
- The needs of an eComm business can vary from year to year, and even from season to season. A 3PL can scale their services to accommodate seasonal spikes, market fluctuations and company growth.
Do you need a 4PL?
A 4PL, or fourth-party logistics provider, adds another layer to the operations of a 3PL. While a 3PL executes supply chain activities, a 4PL goes a step further by taking charge of overall supply chain management.
If you want to take a complete hands-off position with your supply chain operation, a 4PL can be a great option. The 4PL will work with your 3PL, including fulfillment warehouse and carriers, creating a centralized contact that enables strong communication and smooth procedures from start to finish.
Fulfillment Company Services for Any Applications
Medallion Fulfillment & Logistics brings years of industry experience to provide solutions for all your eComm needs. Contact us today to learn more.
Have you been burned by a fulfillment company that gave all their attention to the bigger clients? No matter what size your business, you don’t deserve to be treated like an afterthought. Here are four significant reasons why Medallion Fulfillment & Logistics is the right partner for your eCommerce business.
1. We provide full service from start to finish.
What’s the point of teaming up with a fulfillment company if they handle only part of your needs? Farming different functions out to different companies is costly and counterproductive. Medallion Fulfillment offers a comprehensive assortment of services, from warehousing and order processing to shipping and customer care.
2. Our services are customized and scalable.
Many fulfillment warehouses have a take-it-or-leave-it attitude, offering a fixed package of services with no deviations. Medallion Fulfillment lets you tailor your package to your specific needs and budget, and as your business grows, we scale along with you.
3. We have facilities on both coasts.
Medallion Fulfillment has warehouses in Boston, MA and the greater Los Angeles, CA area, putting us in the center of two of the country’s biggest transportation hubs. Both facilities are monitored by 24-hour surveillance cameras and armed-guard alarm response services.
4. We can match your business with the right shipping solutions.
No matter how well your products sell, it means nothing if you can’t deliver them to the customers. Medallion’s facilities are compatible with UPS, FedEx and other major shippers, and we can accommodate LTL (less-than-truckload) shipments as well. We’re experts at finding cost-effective shipping methods to fit any requirements.
The Only Fulfillment Company You Need
Keep your focus on growing your sales and let us take care of your fulfillment and logistics needs. Contact Medallion Fulfillment & Logistics today to learn more about our Amazon replenishment warehousing service and other unique programs.
As you adjust your business goals for the new year, knowing what to expect can help. The Global eCommerce Sales Growth Report through 2026 shows promising trends for online businesses. Keep the following news in mind when writing your goals for 2023.
Increased Online Sales
Experts are expecting online sales to increase every year from now until 2026. For 2023, global eCommerce sales are projected to hit $6.3 trillion. Sales are expected to increase to $6.9 trillion in 2024, $7.5 trillion in 2025, and $8.1 trillion in 2026.
The increase of nearly $2 trillion over the next few years is a result of more and more people turning to online stores rather than brick-and-mortar businesses.
Traditional Retail Sales vs. eCommerce Retail Sales
Online retail sales are continuing to take up a larger share of all retail sales on a global scale. As of 2022, online sales accounted for 19.7 percent of retail sales. This is expected to increase to 24 percent by 2026.
With online sales making up nearly a quarter of all sales within a few years, it’s important for eCommerce business owners to make sure they’re prepared.
Boosting Your Online Business
The latest projections for global eCommerce sales mean that it’s time to make adjustments to your own business. This can help you take advantage of the increase in online purchases in order to help your company grow.
With more consumers being comfortable shopping on mobile devices, make sure your online store has processes in place to provide secure transactions. Partnering with a fulfillment warehouse might also be a smart move to make, since this ensures that customers are able to get their orders on time.
Get With Our Fulfillment Experts Today
If you’re looking for a dependable fulfillment warehouse to partner with your business, contact Medallion Fulfillment and Logistics.
Now is the ideal time to start planning your business goals for 2023. Whether you’re interested in improving your online store’s performance by partnering with a fulfillment warehouse or looking for ways to boost business, the following tips can help you plan your eCommerce promotions for this year.
Focusing on customer loyalty helps ensure repeat business for your eCommerce store. Loyal customers can also bring more business to your store by telling others about what you have to offer. Consider starting a rewards program, sending out newsletters, or taking other steps to encourage customer loyalty.
Come up with specific incentives for your customers based on their shopping habits and interests. Using customer analytics can help you discover this information. Offering incentives targeted toward your customer base can help you improve your chance of running successful promotions in the new year.
Staying engaged with customers through social media and email can help you spread the word about upcoming promotions for 2023. Set up email and social media campaigns that focus on letting customers know about promotions ahead of time and reminding them just before they start.
Offering two or more items at a discount or promotional rate can encourage customers to purchase from your store more often. Cross-selling can also help your customers learn more about different kinds of items your online store offers.
Customizing promotions for smaller groups of customers, also known as micro-targeting, can help boost business for your online store. Examining data about your customers can help you determine which groups to target and what kinds of promotions to offer.
Your #1 Solution for East and West Coast Fulfillment Services
The shopping holiday crunch may be over, but your need for effective fulfillment services doesn’t end. Medallion’s comprehensive programs are specifically designed to accommodate the ebbs and flows of your particular company.
Consider our robust Amazon replenishment warehousing services meet Amazon’s standards at a more cost-effective price.
If you’re looking for a fulfillment warehouse that offers reliable service, please contact Medallion Enterprises. We also offer a wide selection of services to help your online business grow.