Third Party Logistics Services from our Los Angeles and/or Boston warehouses.
The rise of eCommerce and virtual storefronts has made 3PL a popular buzzword. Is a 3PL the solution to your operational challenges? Here's a look at what a 3PL can do and why Medallion Fulfillment & Logistics is the right choice for your business.
Simply put, a third-party logistics company, commonly referred to as a 3PL, handles a wide range of services that make up the supply chain. This generally includes operational functions before and after the sale, such as warehousing, transportation, and order fulfillment.
A business can outsource their entire operational "department" to a 3PL or engage the 3PL only for specific functions. According to a study by research and consulting firm Armstrong & Associates, Inc., as much as 86 percent of domestic Fortune 500 companies use a 3PL for an average of just under three different services.
• When you turn operations over to a 3PL, it frees you up to focus on sales, which is the lifeblood of your business.
• Money you don't spend on warehouse space and staff can be invested in other areas of your company. In addition, 3PLs can negotiate much better rates with freight carriers than you can as a small or mid-size independent retailer.
• With same-day and next-day shipping becoming the norm rather than the exception, a 3PL's expanded distribution network allows you to meet customer delivery expectations.
• While the 3PL handles shipping, you are still the face of the company and so retain control over your brand.
• You can leverage the locations of the 3PL warehouse to your benefit. For example, our top fulfillment company Medallion, has an East Coast and a West Coast location – allowing for fast shipping nationwide when you store merchandise at both locations.
• Hiring a 3PL can be made easy when using the right partner. Even small businesses can benefit from using a 3PL partner. As a top fulfillment warehouse, our team at Medallion Fulfillment & Logistics, has developed a special flat rate fulfillment program just for startups.
Medallion Fulfillment and Logistics has what it takes to be the right 3PL partner for your needs.
Whether you're a small startup or a thriving eCommerce vendor, we have a 3PL and fulfillment warehouse program that fits your needs.
You will never have to worry about fast shipping when you cover the nation by using both our warehouse locations. We have one in Los Angeles, California and one in Boston, Massachusetts.
A 3PL or third party logistics partner provides ecommerce inventory handling, warehouse management, order processing, packing and shipping, acceptance of new merchandise or returns, and order fulfillment.