It's time to get your business positioned for strong fall and holiday selling. It's never too early to plan ahead to beat your numbers for November and December.
We are here to help as you make your holiday buying plans, just make sure to keep us in the loop on orders that will be coming in to prevent processing delays when stock hits our warehouse.
President, Medallion Fulfillment & Logistics
Many business owners forget that the United States Postal Services may in some cases be more cost effective and a more practical solution than Fed Ex or UPS.
Here are just a few reasons to think about about using USPS as your shipping solution.
1. With the largest delivery network in the United States, the United States Postal Service provides full national coverage at an affordable price.
2. Discounted rates and free tracking.
3. Free supplies and package pickup.
4. No surcharges for home deliveries.
5. Eco-Friendly packaging.
6. International services.
7. Free Saturday delivery!
8. No surcharges for missing account numbers.
9. No additional handling fees or hidden charges.
10. No extra charges for commercial area deliveries.
By shipping with the United States Postal Service you'll save money and use the existing developed network of mail carriers to get your product into your customers hands either at home or the office. It may just be time to take another look at the USPS for your order shipping.
Here is a recap of several changes for the USPS that go into effect on July 28, 2013.
1. Express Mail is being renamed Priority Mail Express
2. Express Mail International is being renamed Priority Mail Express International
3. Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express labels will now show an estimated delivery time (1-DAY, 2-DAY, 3-DAY) to the right of the words "Priority Mail" or "Priority Mail Express".
- Unfortunately, you cannot choose between the various delivery times. The appropriate timeframe is calculated automatically based on origin and destination ZIP Codes
- Priority Mail delivery estimates are not guaranteed
- Priority Mail Express retains the Express Mail money-back guarantee
4. There will be a new design for Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express packaging from USPS. Old boxes can still be used, but new packaging is on the way to us.
5. Electronic Delivery Confirmation International service is now available to 13 countries in addition to Canada.
- This service is available for the Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope and Small Flat Rate Box, as well as all First-Class Package International Service parcels.
6. Priority Mail now includes $50 of free USPS insurance coverage for Commercial Base postage customers and $100 of free USPS insurance coverage for Commercial Plus postage customers.
7. Here's just an FYI: Domestic 4X6 style shipping labels will now include a new Carrier Route Code. A Carrier Route code is a four-character code that will appear to the right of the return address and immediate left of the current Retail Distribution Code.
8. There is no rate change for USPS at this time.
The United States Postal Service continues to be affordably priced for businesses and with the flat rate pricing program for envelopes and boxes, using the USPS may actually save on your shipping expenses.
About the Writer Jan Stewart
Jan Stewart is a professional writer for Medallion Fulfillment & Logistics, a family owned Los Angeles based fulfillment firm. She writes exclusively for Strategies for Success on topics of business tips, how to promote your business online, and establishing your brand in the marketplace.
You may have missed one of our previous newsletter articles so we've made it easy for you to stay up-to-date with an article archive.
Here are just a few of the articles we have written:
- Be Careful How What You Say About Your Product Features and Benefits -- Don't Get Caught by the Feds
- Four Great Tactics to Make Social Media Work for You
- Building an E-newsletter List? Make Sure You Are CAN-SPAM Compliant
- Top Tips to Motivate Your Sales Force
- Why Your Business Needs YouTube Videos